Emergency Dental Care in Westport, CT
When dental emergencies occur, you need a qualified emergency dentist in your corner. The right emergency dental care near you will alleviate your pain as well as lower your chances of losing your tooth. At Advanced Dental of Westport, CT we know that dental emergencies are nerve-wracking. We are committed to offering you the professional and emotional support that you need to overcome your unforeseen dental problem. Whether you’ve knocked your tooth out while engaging in your favorite sports activity or suffered trauma to your jaw during a fall, we’re here for you.
Common Dental Emergencies
We offer treatment for different dental emergencies. Some common dental emergencies treated in our dental office include:
- Knocked-out teeth
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Severe toothache
- Swelling and bleeding
- Abscessed gums
- Lost fillings and crowns, accompanied by pain
- Mouth sores
- Minor jaw fractures and other traumatic injuries
Some patients struggle with the identification of dental emergencies. You may be wondering—should I see a dentist now, or can it wait until later? Generally, we advise our patients to err on the side of caution. If it’s causing you pain or discomfort and it seems out of the ordinary, then it’s likely to be a dental emergency. If in doubt, call our office to confirm. We will let you know if you should come in immediately or wait a little longer.
How to Prevent Dental Emergencies
You can prevent dental emergencies by putting in place measures that safeguard your oral well-being. We encourage our patients always to be proactive when it comes to their dental health, as proactivity saves you great trouble down the road. In particular:
- Always wear a protective mouthguard when engaging in sports. This applies to children and teens who are on their schools’ sports teams as well as professional athletes.
- Don’t use your teeth as tools. Avoid opening bottles using your teeth, and don’t bite your nails.
- Practice proper dental hygiene. Brush your teeth at least two times every day for two minutes each time. Remember to floss too.
- Schedule regular dental exams and cleanings with our dentist in Westport, CT, so we can catch those dental problems before they escalate.
Do you need dental care urgently? We’re here for you. Advanced Dental of Westport, CT offers excellent and compassionate emergency dental care in Westport, CT. Don’t hesitate to book a dentist appointment or call us if you’d like to receive superior quality emergency dental care.